The iPhone 13 was released nearly a year ago at Apple's September event, and with the iPhone 14 just around the corner, now is not the best time to get an iPhone 13. This article will look at the features of the iPhone 13, and look forward to the imminent release of the iPhone 14.
As expected the new iPhone 13 was announced at their September 14th "California Streaming" event. The iPhone 13 pre-orders begin on the 17th September and the iPhone 13 release date has been given as the 24th September.
There are four iPhone 13 models as expected from the iPhone 13 rumours: the iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The iPhone 13 design has not changed all that much from the previous iPhone 12 lineup. The new models have similar sizes and proportions as the iPhone 12, however they do have larger batteries, resulting in slightly heavier devices.
On the iPhone 13 Mini and iPhone 13 the rear camera sensors are now arranged diagonally and there is a slightly smaller notch on the front, giving slightly more screen space - this has been made possible by Apple placing the earpiece on the bezel and moving the selfie camera to the other side.
There are 5 colors for the iPhone 13 Mini and the iPhone 13: starlight, midnight, blue, pink and red. These colors are different to those on the iPhone 12 which were purple, blue (slightly darker than the iPhone 13 blue), green, red (the same), white and black. The main talking point here is the pink iPhone 13, as was the purple iPhone 12 when that was released.
There are 4 colors for the iPhone 13 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max: gold, graphite, silver and sierra blue. The previous iPhone 12 Pro's Pacific Blue is the only color not returning, with Apple favoring a lighter shade of blue.
The iPhone 13 Mini and the iPhone 13 will have a super retina XDR display, with a 60Hz refresh rate and a max brightness of 800 nits. The iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max also have a super retina XDR display, however this will also be a 120Hz ProMotion OLED display. This will allow the refresh rate to dynamically adjust depending on what you are doing, to give a smoother feel to your iPhone.
- iPhone 13 Mini: 5.4 inches
- iPhone 13 and 13 Pro: 6.1 inches
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: 6.7 inches
The iPhone 13 Mini and iPhone 13 are made with "Aerospace-grade aluminium" and have a ceramic shield front glass. The iPhone 13 Pro, and the Pro Max are made of "Surgical-grade stainless steel" and also feature the ceramic shield glass. Similarly to the iPhone 12, the iPhone 13 is IP68 dust and water resistant (six meters for 30 minutes)
The entire iPhone 13 lineup features Apple's A15 Bionic chipset. It has a new 6-core CPU with 2 performances and 4 efficiency cores and a new 16-core Neural Engine. The iPhone 13 Mini and the iPhone will have a 4-core GPU, and the iPhone Pro and Pro Max models will have a 5-core GPU.
iPhone 13 Mini & iPhone 13: 128GB, 256GB, 512B
iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max: 128GB, 256GB, 512B, 1TB
The iPhone 13 camera has been redesigned. There is a 12MP wide (f/1.6 aperture) camera lens as well as an ultra-wide lens (f/2.4 aperture). The iPhone 13 Pro's have three 12MP cameras: A wide lens (1/1.5 aperture), an ultra-wide lens (f/1.8 aperture) and a telephoto lens (f/2.8 aperture) with a 77mm zoom. Apple claims that these cameras are significantly better at taking low light photography. All of the iPhone 13 cameras allow for 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps and have a Cinematic mode for recording videos with shallow depth of field (1080p at 30 fps).
As for the software, the iPhone 13 series will feature the new iOS 15 that will improve the performance of many built-in apps, such as the Maps, Messages, Wallet, and Weather apps.
There are four different starting price points for the iPhone 13 range and across the board the price has increased from the previous iPhone 12. However, it is important to note that all of the "base" models come with 128GB of storage, as opposed to the iPhone 12's 64GB.
iPhone 13 Mini: 699$ (128GB)
iPhone 13: 799$ (128GB)
iPhone 13 Pro: 999$ (128GB)
iPhone 13 Pro Max: 1099$ (128GB)
If you are planning on buying a new iPhone and hesitating between the previous iPhone 12 if you want to save some money, it is important to compare like for like, and the iPhone 12 with 128GB costs 749$ as opposed to the iPhone 13's 799$. For an extra 50$ you could enjoy the other iPhone 13 updates.
If you are certain that you won't need the additional storage, then you could purchase the iPhone 12 with 64GB for 699$ which is a decent saving. But bearing in mind you cannot upgrade your iPhone's storage in the future, which could end up limiting the longevity of your device, it may be best to get more storage than you think you would need and go for the iPhone 13 with 128GB.
It should be noted that the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max models are no longer available for purchase on the Apple Store. Therefore if you want the Pro or Pro Max versions of the iPhone, then you will have to buy the iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro Max.
The iPhone 14 rumors are circulating. Apparently the next iPhone will look significantly more different than the iPhone 13 did to the iPhone 12. It is rumored that there will be no more notch, with a small holepunch front facing camera instead, and there will be no more camera bulge. Like with all tech rumors, you need to take these with a pinch of salt. The iPhone 14 should be released in the first couple of weeks of September after Apple's upcoming September event.
Ultimately, if you are in the market for a new iPhone today, then the iPhone 13 or even the iPhone 12 are both excellent choices. There will always be something new coming along, and worst case scenario, if you really want the next iPhone 14 when it is released later this year, you can either trade in your old model, or sell it. But if you are looking to buy a new phone in the next month or so, it is best to wait until the iPhone 14 has been released, you should then see the iPhone 13 reduce in price.
- When does the new iphone come out
- When is the new iphone coming out
- When is the iphone 13 coming out
- Unable to complete request messenger iphone [solved] > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Flixtor app iphone > Download
- Appcake for iphone > Download
- Tiktok unable to authorize iphone > Forum - TikTok
- Calibrate iphone compass > Guide
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- Сonnect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- Raise to listen: iPhone, not working, feature
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to sync mail to iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac: iTunes, iCloud, Finder
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone 6
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Use Apple wallet: to pay, for tickets
- Turn AirPods into a speaker
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?
- How to save webpage as PDF on iPhone: iOS 14, iOS 12
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- Apple iOS 16: update, new features, release date
- Apple September event: iPhone 14, Apple Watch, AirPods Pro 2