This guide will introduce you to the hidden settings intended for manufacturers, mobile phone operators or developers, new ways to tweak Android, and tools to troubleshoot your device.
How to access secret codes for Android devices?
Below is a list of the popular secret codes for Android (2021). Open the Phone app and dial the desired code as you'll normally do for a regular phone number. Some of these codes are intended for specific smartphone models or versions of Android. If you type a code and nothing happens, you should simply skip it.
Find information about your device
You can use the following codes to retrieve information about your system (hardware and software):
*#06# - Display the IMEI.
*#*#4636#*#* - Display information about your phone, its battery and additional usage statistics.
*#232337# - Display the MAC address of your Bluetooth radio.
*#232338# - Display the MAC address of your WLAN adapter.
*#*#8255 #*#* - Display the GTalk service.
*#7465625# - Check the status of the network lock and/or SIMLOCK .
*#*#4636#*#* - Display general information about your device.
*#34971539# - Display information about your camera sensor.
*#2663# - Display information about your screen.
*#1234# - Display the firmware version.
Troubleshoot your hardware components
You can use the following codes to run tests on your hardware components:
*#0228# - Display the battery status.
*#0289# - Run audio test.
*#0782# - Set date and time.
*#0842# - Test the vibration motor.
*#0673# - Run audio test (MP3).
*#0*# = - Test speakers or/and screen.
*#*#2664 #*#* - Test the touch screen.
*#0283# - Test the microphone.
*#0588# - Test the proximity sensor.
You can use the following codes to edit specific settings or perform specific tasks:
Warning: Incorrect usage of these hidden settings and tools could cause your system to become unstable (crashes, data loss...). It's recommended that you backup your data beforehand. For example, learn how to back up your SMS messages with this guide.
*2767*3855# - Factory Reset (wipe your data, custom settings, and apps). Use with caution.
*2767*2878# - Refresh your device (keeps your data).
*#2470# - Enable or disable camera shutter sound.
**04*CPA*NP*NP# - Reset the PIN code.
*#4777*8665# - Test the GPS.
*#197328640# - Go to the Root Debug menu.
*#78# - Go to the Admin Settings menu.
*#9900# - Compile a system report.
*#273283*255*663282*# - Copy data from SD card to internal memory.
Secret codes for Android not working: what to do?
If your *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work, you will have to download a phone dialing app, such as Truecaller: Caller ID & Dialer for Android. After that, you have to use the dialing pad of the app of your choice. Please note that depending on the model of your device, not every app will help you solve the problem and you may have to try different apps to find the one that suits your smartphone.
- Android factory reset code
- Battery reset code
- Reset code
- Samsung reset code: keypad, factory settings, number > Guide
- Lava factory reset code [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Nokia keypad phone factory reset code > Guide
- Kgtel mobile factory reset code [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Re:Lava A16 mobile restore factory settings code [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Android IP address: check, changer
- Codes for Huawei smartphones: test, reset, check
- Show hidden files on Android
- Network error occurred: how to fix it on Android
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode on Android
- Create an Android folder shortcut on home screen
- Delete search suggestions on Android
- Add an area code on Android
- Answer calls with the volume and power button on Android
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android
- Split screen on Android: application picker, long touch
- How to use Lucky Patcher: download app, features, etc
- Manage and backup game data on Android
- Auto retrieve messages on Android phone in roaming mode
- Increase ringtone volume when in pocket for Android
- How to disable the internet on Android phone
- How to use a song as a ringtone on Android
- Reset Chrome settings on Android
- MMS and SMS delivery report on Android
- Android scientific calculator: how to enable it
- Share multiple contacts: iPhone, Android
- How to update apps on Android automatically
- Manage and organize apps on Android
- How to rename your android device in the Google Play Store?
- Display contact number list: with name
- Use AirPods with an Android phone
- How to download APK: from Google Play Store, Android
- How to use Android SD card as internal storage
- How to turn off Android music player
- How to Enable the Equalizer on VLC For Android
- Connect Android to PC: wifi, Windows 10, USB
- Disable in-app purchases: Android
- Android dial pad settings: change, enable/disable
- Google text to speech: download, languages
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS
- Create website shortcut on Android: tablet, phone
- How to enable auto reject mode Android
- Sony Xperia: find my device, My Xperia
- How to enable Android Safe Search settings
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet
- How to turn off S Pen: Note 5, Note 9, Note 10
- Optimize your Android phone's performance
- How to disable mobile data: Android, Samsung
- Sort call logs by date on Android
- Show Android calendar week numbers
- Disable images in Chrome Android: 2020, 2019
- Download videos from websites: Chrome, iPhone, app
- How to install APK files on Android
- Update the Google Play Store app
- Make passwords visible: Android
- How to pair SmartWatch with Android
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- How to lock VLC screen: Android
- How to view desktop site: on mobile, on Android
- Enable content filtering on the Google Play Store
- How to configure a proxy on Android?
- How to update Android auto
- Clear system cache on Android
- Recover deleted photos: Android, Android internal storage
- How to hide or remove a media folder on Android?
- How to delete all tags in Shazam: Android
- Android phone RAM: check, cleaner, manager
- How to fix Error 491: on tablet, on Google Play
- XAPK file: installer, means, format
- Set custom ringtone on Windows phone: WP7, WP8
- How to hide apps on Android
- How to clear Google Drive cache on Android
- Open a ZIP file on Android: read ZIP, RAR, and TAR files
- How To Hard Reset Your Samsung Galaxy
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free
- How to always show the scale bar in Google Maps on Android
- How to enable Wi-Fi on Samsung Galaxy tablet
- How to fix Error 923 on Android?
- How to reset to factory settings your Android device
- Unlink apps from Google Plus account on Android
- How to get GPS location on Android
- How to unlock Android without internet
- Popup reminder on Android
- Block camera and microphone on google chrome: Android
- How to block ads on Android
- Turn off Autocorrect on Android
- How to make conference calls on Android?
- Remote TV apps for Android
- Deactivate Safe Mode Android
- Android emulators for PC