Excel Forum

Results 1 - 50 of about 9,830
  • Basic Copy/Paste, multiple sheets and Databases

Hello all! I’m not good with this, so I’m am reaching out to those who are. I can record and run basic macros, but this is above my skill level. I’ve...

Eagleeyes011 | Latest reply: vcoolio Sep 27
    12 replies
  • How to get the data in excel from Rest API using Excel VBA

Dear Experts, I would like to build an excel file that allows me to see the time entered between two dates (Start date and End date). REST-based API...

Raj_2823 | Latest reply: Raj_2823 Sep 19
    0 replies
  • Find text in multiple cells and return different text

Hello, I am a teacher trying to find an alternative to manually entering data for single children and a way of simply analysing it.  I have created a...

MLloyd81 | Latest reply: MLloyd81 Sep 18
    5 replies
  • Apply Conditional Formatting Across Several Cells Solved

Hello, I want to change the color of a row if there is text in column A of that row.  I have the following equation: "=AND(ISTEXT($A$2))" ... and I h...

RDavis | Latest reply: rdavis Sep 12
    2 replies
  • Formula for Outputting Value from Dropdown List

Hello, I need assistance with finding a way to output the value of cell based on the text it's associated with in a drop down list. Below is a scre...

olsatch | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 12
    1 reply
  • How to add Rows automatically based on Cell Value In Excel? Solved

Hi All, I have a requirement to add the Rows Based On Cell Value In Excel. Below I have attached the snapshot of the requirement details. I have two...

Raj_2823 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 12
    7 replies
  • populate values in textbox based on combobox ,optionbutton Solved

Hello, I  have  the  items  in column B  in sheet1,2,3   and  the  prices  in columns F,G  for sheet1,2      and  the  prices  for columns F  for  sh...

Mussa_8911 | Latest reply: Mussa_8911 Sep 09
    6 replies
  • Running a macro in different cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a question. I recorded a macro to average a series of columns, highlight the averages row in a bold color. I would now like to run the ...

Rinat | Latest reply: Helmy Sep 05
    4 replies
  • How to extract text from column that got text

Hello, I would like help on how to extract text from column which has text. Some column might not have text or blank, want to know how to extract th...

Manjit | Latest reply: Jameswalter2050 Aug 27
    2 replies
  • how to convert excel to pdf in tamil font Closed

Hello, how to convert excel to pdf in Tamil font

Amutha | Latest reply: Jameswalter2050 Aug 27
    1 reply
  • How to Speedup Formula processing

I have been using this formula which macthes the List of Cells to Raw String and if match found then write same value. This function is working fin...

DevopRaj | Latest reply: Jameswalter2050 Aug 27
    2 replies
  • Generating invoice number automatic without repetition Solved

Hello, please I need help , I want VBA CODE  to Generating invoice number  automatic without repetition in my excel any time type in the next cell it...

SOLOMON231 | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 25
    3 replies
  • pasting a column into alternating rows in new column

Hello, i have a column of ID numbers and a column of names next to it, I want to copy and past the names with their corresponding id in cell under the...

Kusay | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 16
    1 reply
  • Macro to automatically update a master sheet from multiple sheets Solved

Hello, I have a file with a master sheet and 6 different individual sheets. Each sheet is considered a project. It includes person's information a...

Monu | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 16
    17 replies
  • Working with multiple worksheets in a workbook Solved

Hello, I am completely new to all of this so please bear with me. I am new to forums and how they work so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat ...

buffala77 | Latest reply: vcoolio Aug 11
    7 replies
  • Conditional formatting as text, unless cell is a certain col

Hello, If I  create a conditional formatting rule for column A to turn a color given work "General" How do I make it so that it turns "General" that...

ChloeG | Latest reply: ChloeG Jul 26
    0 replies
  • Compare 2 columns if it matches all columns must go toSheet2

Hello, Thank you for putting the time aside to help me. There are 2 sheets, Summary and Journal. Step 1: In the Summary sheet, I added Column E to ...

Reinette | Latest reply: abdelfatah_0230 Jul 23
    1 reply
  • Indirect Ref# error

I use a formula to set the name of my sheet (using VBA to move data around) to a number based on a cell value. The value is always a number and if the...

Tbonekiller | Latest reply: Tbonekiller Jul 20
    0 replies
  • master sheet to auto populate from multiple sheets

hello! could someone kindly assist me with a formula or a macro that will auto populate/update the master sheet  using information from sheets A-E. t...

Mukundi_001 | Latest reply: vcoolio Jul 19
    3 replies
  • Move rows to another sheet based on values in column A

Hello, I am trying to have rows in sheet "KEY" automatically moved to sheet "INACTIVE DRIVERS" if the cell in column A is "Inactive". I have looked...

amcrawford | Latest reply: vcoolio Jul 14
    1 reply
  • Convert

Hello, Sir/madam how to convert 30-1-2009in words

Hlo | Latest reply: Hlo Jul 05
    0 replies
  • How to lock in specific cells in a formula going down rows Solved

Hello, I am having an issue with easily repeating a formula I've made. the formula is =IF(AP2=Sheet2!K3,Sheet2!L3,IF(AP2=Sheet2!K4,Sheet2!L4,IF(...

JoshL | Latest reply: JoshL Jun 27
    2 replies
  • Counting and stop counting in a cell

Hello, I need to create a formula for a cell involving number of days between dates. A2 - start date B2 - lead time C2 - end date D2 - showi...

jerome | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 21
    1 reply
  • Hello friends. Please help ! COUNTIF formula ? Solved

Hello friends. Please help ! I want a formula ( maybe COUNTIF? ) to count how many "W" and "D" and "L" are found per each range: "B3:B12", "D3:D12"...

realest25 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13
    3 replies
  • Highlight cell if another cell contains specific text

Hello, I have random text in cell C6 that I would like to highlight green if cell N6 has 'yes', red if cell N6 has 'no', and grey out if cell N6 h...

Abbi | Latest reply: vcoolio Jun 10
    1 reply
  • change cell color of all cells in my formula

I often have huge spreadsheets where I have to add random cells together. In order to make sure I don't miss any cells, I want to change the color of ...

jlindgren | Latest reply: JessyLew Jun 02
    2 replies
  • Excel formula to check if cell contains a date

Hello, Hi, I am trying to write a formula to check if there is DATE value in a particular cell. If there is a DATE value, need to say "DELETED...

Aniruddha | Latest reply: TrowaD May 30
    1 reply
  • Automatically update one sheet from multiple other sheets Solved

Hello, I have a workbook with each office location having its own sheet to keep track of project information all with the same column headings. Co...

zboneill | Latest reply: vcoolio May 20
    7 replies
  • Create and populate sheets based on values in master list

I have seen a few similar forms but cannot seem to achieve the functionality I'm hoping for. My workbook will have a master spreadsheet that is per...

chorton2 | Latest reply: vcoolio May 06
    3 replies
  • Formula to compare 2 columns and count missing values

Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet where I want to compare values between two columns A and b and to see if any values are missing in column b. ...

Mikey150 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 May 05
    2 replies
  • Email notification when cells in a column are changed

Hello, I am trying to set up a macro to send an email when a cell changes in a certain column in excel. I used a conversation in this forum that g...

ITJennyS | Latest reply: rizvisa1 May 05
    1 reply
  • Conditional format B1 based on a specific word in A1 & calc

Hello, I would like to check how to use the conditional formatting to get a colored cell in B1 containing numbers (based on a "INC VAL" in Cell A1...

Sorrow81 | Latest reply: Sorrow81 May 03
    4 replies
  • summing values based on matching column across sheets Solved

Hello, Hello, I would match data across sheets based on matching columns B then should add & summing the values to sheet summary under heade...

leapout | Latest reply: leapout Apr 26
    6 replies
  • how to copy data after at a fixed cell Solved

Hello, I have the following data for which it needed to be copied on another sheet after a gap of 7 cells for each entry in Sr No. column. Li...

skprma | Latest reply: skprma Apr 13
    2 replies
  • Keep Track of Customers Service Visits

Hi All, I need help in keeping track in excel of the customers service visits. I have customers that are visited weekly, some twice a month, most of...

christossol | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 11
    1 reply
  • Comp. value in 2 columns against a list and disp. text in 3r

Hello, I need some help as I cant figure out how to construct this. I have been using a combination of IFS, AND, & VLOOKUP functions but I cant se...

Rschewe1 | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 11
    1 reply
  • Excel formula for filling another cell

I have four columns in excel. Column A is named "Date" while Column B is named "Day". Column B depends on the value in Column B and I got the Formula...

ejeruratyuuga | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 07
    1 reply
  • HOW TO CALCULATE AGGREGATE OF STUDENT'S MARKS Closed

In creating an excel app to calculate the aggregate for students in their exams as used by WAEC to determine the student aggregate in BECE . The Excel...

peterappiahkubi | Latest reply: Wofanat Mar 23
    2 replies
  • Conditional formatting in Sheets rows based on text in cell

Hello, I have looked through some past answers and have not found a solution yet; I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a sheet where if te...

Lindsey | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Mar 07
    1 reply
  • Code to move rows into another sheet based on certain values

I found this lovely little script on this forum. It has worked flawlessly. I have a spreadsheet with multiple pages and I would like this code to work...

Eagleeyes011 | Latest reply: vcoolio Mar 05
    6 replies
  • Macro: change cell color based on value in another cell

Hello, I'm am trying to fix a spread sheet at work but what i need is a macro that i can run to do the following if the word Traffic appears in...

randal.hite | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 03
    1 reply
  • Autogenerate alphanumeric ID numbers in Excel? Solved

Hiya! Let me start off by saying I am NOT a tech person so I don't even know if this is possible. I am trying to create an excel sheet where I can ...

NoTechKnowle... | Latest reply: vcoolio Mar 02
    3 replies
  • search across all open workbooks for user defined criteria Solved

Here is my problem - we store info into files that use an index number (changes with each file created) plus 2 criteria to keep track as we produce ma...

Tbonekiller | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 01
    5 replies
  • auto-fill items repeatedly for two sheets based on another Solved

Hello, I have two sheets(FIL1,FIL2) should auto fill some items into column A repeatedly . it depends on sheet REP after matching based on colum...

leapout | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 24
    3 replies
  • Copying a row based on a integer in a cell Solved

Hello, I am needing help making a macro that will allow me to do a number of things, that may or may not be able to be done with one single macro. (...

Sheepy_777 | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 24
    5 replies
  • Automatically creating code like OTP

Hello, I want to make some automatically code or number against once I enter data in cell. I mean it's like OTP number . It's not necessary that it'...

Deepak | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 17
    1 reply
  • how split column into multiple columns for multiples sheets Solved

Hello, I need macro to split column C for sheets REP1,PROC1 into columns C,D,E based on matching column B with column B into sheet RP ...

Hasson_6770 | Latest reply: Hasson_6770 Feb 15
    6 replies
  • UserForm VBA excel. Saving data depending on the parameters

Hello, I created a UserForm through Excel VBA with the data text input which contains dates (ex. 2015,2016 etc.) I need this data to be put into d...

gogazapr | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 08
    1 reply
  • Reference and tranpose cell information

Hello, I am trying to get get the formula in SHEET 2 ROW 3 to copy the data from SHEET 1 COLUMN D. I tried to just copy and paste or copy and dra...

Rokky | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 08
    1 reply
  • match & add missed items between two sheets Solved

Hello, I have two sheets contain the same structure of data . the result should show in column B,C into sheet2 based on matching with sheet1 . ...

abdomegahri | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 08
    12 replies