This article will explain how to disable automatic updates in Windows 7, 8, and 10.
How to pause Windows 10 automatic updates?
Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Pause Updates, which allows you to postpone downloading and installing new features (via Microsoft Windows Update) for up to 35 days. After that, your computer will update without you being able to pause them again, so this is a temporary solution. If you want to disable the updates, see the next section.
To enable this feature, press the Windows + I keys, or click on Start menu and select the cogwheel to open Settings. Then click on Update and Security. In Windows Update, you can select Pause Updates for 7 days or click Advanced and select the date until which you want to pause updates:
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 10?
If you'd prefer to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, follow these steps:
Type "services.msc" in the search field next to the Start menu and click Services. In the list of services that appears, scroll down to find Windows Update and double-click on it.
On the General tab, expand the Startup Type menu and select Disabled. Then click OK and restart your computer.
The next time you want to perform a Windows update, you can do it manually by going to Settings > Update and Security > Check for Updates button. Even if you install the updates after a while, be sure to do so, because they allow you to keep your computer protected, fix operating system errors and add new features.
How do I enable automatic updates? If you decide to turn them on again, just go to the same location in Services > Windows Update > General tab, and in the Startup Type menu, select Automatic and press OK.
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 8?
To turn off automatic updating in Windows 8, press the Windows + Q keys to open the side menu. There, click Search and type Control Panel. Next, select System and Security. Under Windows Update, click Turn automatic updating on or off. Then, under the Important Updates choose Don't check for updates from the drop-down menu.
Finally, click OK.
How to turn off automatic updates on Windows 7?
If you want to turn off automatic updating in Windows 7, click Start > Control Panel > Windows Update. Click Change settings. Then, from the drop-down menu under Important updates select Never check for updates (not recommended):
Finally, click OK.
- How to stop windows 7 update
- Windows 7 disable updates
- Disable windows 7 update
- Windows media player for windows 7 update > Download
- View update history: Windows 7 > Guide
- Microsoft Security Essentials > Download
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad > Guide
- Pic Viewer > Download
- How to save ping report in text file?
- Fix the Windows security bug: Print Nightmare
- Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting
- Enable/Disable device via command line
- Disable password at login: On Windows 7/8.1/10
- Execute a script in Windows: at startup and shutdown
- How to check power usage on Windows PC?
- Install apps on Windows 10: via Run, without Microsoft store
- Network PC asking for username and password: Windows 10
- How to enable the screen reader: on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- How to open MSI file: on Mac, in Android, in Windows 10
- Stop CMD from closing: automatically, after running program
- How to create an icon in Paint
- Enable or disable the welcome screen: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Java update tab missing: Windows 10
- Fix disk boot failure: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
- How to use TV as second monitor: with HDMI, Windows 10
- Disable right click: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Most common Windows error codes and how to fix them
- Set up your MagicJack: On Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- How to check software installed date in Windows
- How to eject USB flash drive with a keyboard shortcut?
- Removing the files remaining after uninstalling a program
- Computer error codes list and solutions
- Stay online when switching user account: Windows
- Exe files not opening: Windows 7, Windows 10, Vista, XP
- Start/Stop a Service on Windows: command line, 10
- How to create an Autorun.inf file: in Windows 7
- Restart Windows without restarting computer: Windows 10
- How to rip copy protected CD: Windows Media Player
- How to clear recent files: Windows 11,10,8.1
- How to disable network sharing on Windows Media Player?
- How to rotate multiple images: at once, Windows 10
- Disable Deepfreeze: from Command Prompt, without password
- ipconfig command: in Windows, not found
- How to check laptop battery health: Windows 8, 10
- Md5sum download and how to use
- How to enable/disable administrator account in Windows?
- How to know if you need more RAM on Windows 10?
- Windows task manager missing menus and tabs
- Reset PC to factory settings: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- Disable the Touchpad when mouse is connected: Windows 11, 10
- How to set Command Prompt size: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Disable Windows Store: gpo, registry
- How to change the date and time: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to enable touchpad: Windows 10, on laptop
- How to fix sound problems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Restore a Windows PC to factory settings without disc
- Recover deleted music files in Windows Media Player
- How to uninstall apps on Microsoft Surface
- How to stop my Windows background from changing?
- How to fix Limited or No Connectivity issues on Windows?
- How to change account name in Windows 8.1
- Disable print spooler: on Windows 7, 10, 11
- USB hard drive not showing up: Windows
- How to turn off airplane mode: Windows 11,10,8.1,8
- How to stop automatic restart: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP
- Kernel Stack Inpage Error on Windows: how to fix?
- How to reduce data usage: Windows 11, 10
- How to disable network access to Windows registry?
- Windows volume icon: not working, not showing
- How to start system restore from command line in Windows
- How to disable or enable the Encrypting File System: Windows
- How to show desktop icons in Windows 10
- How to show the preview pane: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- How to add the Run command to Start menu: Windows 11,10,8.1
- Start Windows computer in safe mode: via cmd, settings
- How to fix HDMI audio from laptop to TV: Windows 11,10,8,7
- How to check the Windows version: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- Improve your PC performance: for gaming, without formatting
- How to verify Windows license
- How to create desktop shortcuts: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Unable to install .NET Framework Error Message 0xc8000222
- Disable print spooler service: in domaine controllers
- How to change the default OS in dual boot: Windows 11,10,8,7
- Change computer system language: Windows 7, Windows 10
- How to allow or block access to Microsoft Store in Windows
- Disable touchpad: when mouse is connected, Windows 10
- How to turn off Firewall: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- How to disable or enable Autoplay: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- How to recover your Windows password with Lazesoft?
- How to share files between two Windows PCs?
- Best apps to update your Windows drivers
- How to fix a blue screen on Windows
- How to turn off the camera on Windows
- How to create a Resource Monitor shortcut: Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to defragment: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
- Windows CLIP command
- Enable admin account in Windows 7, 8, 10
- Enable automatic sign-in: on Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to backup Windows data: with .bat
- How to fix a Windows Update failure
- How to change desktop icons in Windows
- How to open the Control Panel: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7
- HAL is missing in Windows
- MSOCache delete
- Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows
- Disc boot failure Windows
- Security settings do not allow this file to be dowloaded